Nurses and healthcare workers are doing what they can to protect themselves from COVID-19 while on the job but what measures can they take to protect the families and their home environments after work?
The ANMJ has compiled a list of tips to keep your home virus free.
Leave your wallet at home
- When you go to work put cards and drivers license in a zip lock bag.
Change your clothes immediately when you get home
- Put your clothes in the washer and hot wash them between shifts.
- Leave your shoes outside the house.
- Bring your own food in a reusable shopping bag to wash.
- Avoid eating in communal places.
- Bring a drink bottle to work.
- No keep cups at cafes.
- No hands where possible- kick doors.
- Use alcohol hand gel regularly.
- Leave pen at work.
- Frequently coat pen with alcohol when at work.
- Don’t use a phone case.
- Wipe down phone often with alcohol.
- Leave your phone in scrub pocket .
- Consider a zip lock bag.
Remember at the end of the day…
- Thoroughly wash hands and arms.
- Take a shower.
- Alcohol gel your phone.
- Also alcohol gel your keys and glasses
- Leave pen behind at work.
Those that work in the medical profession aren’t exactly healthy themselves.