COVID-19 has created a critical workforce shortfall in remote Indigenous communities across Australia. Without immediate and ongoing access to Registered Nurses (RNs) many Indigenous communities are at greater risk of being affected by the pandemic.
Your skills, knowledge and experience can help the world’s oldest living culture overcome the world’s newest health challenge.
The Australian Government has formally extended the Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC) to provide paid placements for RNs across Australia for the next three months. The program will now offer urban-based health professionals an opportunity to work in remote health clinics and Aboriginal Community-Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) in all states and territories across Australia for 12-week paid placements. Under the Remote ACCHS Workforce Response (RAWR), travel and accommodation will be provided plus an additional two weeks allowance where self-isolation is required.
To ensure all health professionals feel well prepared and supported for their remote placements, RAHC provides ongoing 24/7 support throughout your placement, cultural orientation, and professional development opportunities through our online eLearning platform.
Experience and qualification:
- Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent.
- current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- at least 3 years relevant clinical nursing experience
- minimum of 250 hours of relevant clinical experience in the past 12 months
- evidence of current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), with evidence of a practical component
- evidence of 20 hours of relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD) within the past 12 months, compliant with the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Provide evidence of relevant CPD achieved over the last three (3) years only
- two recent professional referees who can attest to the Nurse’s clinical competence (i.e. the Nurse’s clinical practice within the past two (2) years), including one reference from a current or recent line manager e.g. Nurse Manager or General Practitioner
- postgraduate qualifications and experience in Rural / Remote practice is highly desirable but not essential.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact the RAHC Placement Team on 1300 697 242.
To apply for the role, please visit https://bit.ly/38PQ05C
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from a diverse cultural background.
Application Close Date: 07.10.2020