Registered Undergraduate Student of Midwifery (RUSOM)
|Position Title||Registered Undergraduate Student of Midwifery (RUSOM)|
|Employment Type||Fixed Term Part Time|
|Department||Women’s and Newborn|
|Location||Casey Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Monash Medical Centre Clayton|
- Undergraduate Midwifery Students studying 2nd year and above in 2023
- Double Degree Midwifery/Nursing students studying 3rd year and above in 2023
- Temporary part-time opportunity that supports your academic midwifery education
We are seeking applications from students currently completing an Undergraduate Midwifery entry to practice qualification (Bachelor level and above) to join Monash Health as a Registered Undergraduate Student of Midwifery (RUSOM).
This paid position is integral in supporting the midwifery team in the delivery of safe and quality Women Centred Care. As a valuable part of the midwifery workforce, RUSOMs work under the supervision of Registered Nurses or Midwives, within clearly defined role parameters.
Working as a RUSOM facilitates students’ professional growth and offers an opportunity to get a head start in a midwifery career within Victoria’s largest public health service.
- Currently enrolled in second year or above of a Bachelor of Midwifery Degree or third year or above of a Double Degree Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery at an Australian university that will lead to registration with AHPRA as a Registered Midwife
- Have completed at least one clinical midwifery placement
- Be able to provide a transcript showing successful completion of the first year of Bachelor of Midwifery or the first two years of the Double Degree Nursing/Midwifery in which you are enrolled
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills including building rapport with patients, colleagues and family members, and confidence with conflict resolution
- Ability to work as a caring, pro-active team member who is motivated to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work AM/PM/ND shifts across a 7-day rotating roster around clinical placements
|Graduate & RUSON/RUSOM Workforce Team||Monash Health Bureau||0439 469 email@example.com|
Closing date: 30/05/23