Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Grade 2)
- Utilise your expertise to deliver best care using holistic principles
- Build your career at a service invested in your long term development
- Multiple opportunities available – work the hours that work for you!
About the organisation
Barwon health is the major regional health provider for the Barwon South West region. It is one of Victoria’s largest regional health service with one of the busiest hospitals in the state, University Hospital. We serve over 500,000 people through the efforts of over 8,000 staff and more than 1200 volunteers. We provide care at all stages or life and circumstance through a wide range of services from emergency and acute to mental health, primary care, community services, aged care, and subacute/rehabilitation. Care is provided to the community through over 28 key locations throughout the region.
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the facilities
The Swanston Centre is a 32 bed acute psychiatric admission unit providing recovery orientated care delivery for people aged 16 and over, experiencing the effects of major mental illness/distress.
Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that value client centeredness, holistic care, accessibility, family inclusiveness, best practice, and ongoing professional development. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships within our wide range of clinical programs. We have developed excellent partnerships with the local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC)
Our subacute PARC program offers an 8 bed residential program, day program and outreach support in partnership with ERMHA for up to 28 days. PARC offers a step up/step down program where consumers are invited to engage in a therapeutic program along with a tailored care plan responding to their areas of support need.
Community Rehabilitation Facility (CRF) is a residential 12 bed program offering psychosocial support for consumer for a longer length of stay with a focus on sustainable strategy to manage mental health experiences, therapeutic programs and one to one support and care plan tailored to the consumer’s needs.
About the role
As the successful candidate you will provide high quality, best practice direct delivery of psychiatric treatment and care to consumers within the Swanston Centre or Community Rehabilitation Facility (CRF) / Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) programs; as part of a multidisciplinary team guided by holistic recovery based principles. Your mission should you choose to accept it:
- To provide best practice, high quality, consumer focused care that meets best practice standards
- To strive to continuously update and develop skills in a timely manner
- Ensure a multidisciplinary approach
Apply today to grow with us!