Registered Nurse – Surge Team
Aspen Medical is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) to become a part of our Surge Team in NSW. Funded by the Federal Government, the Surge Team will be deployed to assist aged care facilities where the usual workforce is unavailable due to an outbreak of COVID-19.
RNs will work as part of a cohesive team that also includes Enrolled Nurses, Personal Care Assistants and Assistants in Nursing to provide safe and effective interim care to older Australian residents in what may be a complex and fast-changing environment. When there are no active outbreaks, teams will be deployed into other aged care-related projects.
The deployments will occur within NSW and sometimes in regional and remote locations across the state.
All travel and accommodation for the deployments will be paid for and arranged by Aspen Medical.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide nursing care with a safe, compassionate and person-centred approach to the residents of an aged care facility where the usual workforce is unavailable due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Implement and comply with agreed IPC and outbreak management measures, including diligent compliance with effective use of PPE.
- Conduct resident assessments and prepare and review care plans in consultation with the resident and relevant stakeholders.
- Admit and assess new residents, including the development of interim healthcare plans.
- Support residents and their families when dealing with resident clinical care needs.
- Ensure any clinical care needs are managed and communicated in a professional and timely manner.
- Report incidents that may occur at the facility which may impact resident care.
- Ensure compliance with the national standards and Aspen Medical Governance Framework.
- Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent.
- Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Evidence of current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), with evidence of a practical component.
- Current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply for the same before commencing duty.
- Completion of the Australian Government’s online “Infection Control Training COVID19” module and other modules as required by Aspen Medical.
- Minimum of 3 years of full time relevant clinical experience in an aged care facility or primary healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) is highly desirable.