Registered Nurse Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant
|Position Title||Registered Nurse Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant|
|Location||The Royal Melbourne Hospital – City Campus, Parkville|
|Award||Registered Nurses |
The ward is on the lookout for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant team. We have ongoing positions available for immediate start. No experience necessary, we will teach you the knowledge and skills to make you a successful Cancer Nurse.
Ratios- 1:3 daytime, 1:5 night time. Well supported area with Clinical Nurse Educators (Mon-Fri), Clinical Resource Nurse 09300-1800 (Mon-Sun), Health Assistants in Nursing AM/PM shifts (Mon-Sun) and Supernumerary Nurse in Charge.
We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health
Your new role:
- Support the ANUM and NUM to ensure high quality nursing care is provided. This includes the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for care of haematology and bone marrow transplant patients
- Develop specialist skills such as CVAD care, chemotherapy and stem cell administration
- Contribute to high quality care aimed at improving the patient experience
- New Clinical Support Nurse role to help orientate new staff to ward
- Opportunities to attend education study days; Classical Haematology Study day (New 2023), Beyond the Basics (2 day Haematology course) and BMT Study day.
- Education programs including RISE (Registered Nurse Introduction to Specialty Education) and a Graduate Certificate through University of Melbourne
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with other staff, patients and families
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
|Contact Person||Cameron Grant|
|Contact Number||(03) 9342 9200|
|Alternate Contact Person||Annie Robson Hamond|
|Alternate Contact Number||(03) 9342 9200|
|Closing Date||7 February 2023|