Registered Nurse Haem/BMT
- Haematology (Acute leukaemia, non-malignant) and Bone Marrow Transplant (Allogeneic)
- Be part of an outstanding multidisciplinary team!
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
Your new team
The ward is on the lookout for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant team. We have ongoing positions available for immediate start. No experience necessary, we will teach you the knowledge and skills to make you a successful Cancer Nurse.
Ratios- 1:3 daytime, 1:5 night time. Well supported area with Clinical Nurse Educators (Mon-Fri), Clinical Resource Nurse 09300-1800 (Mon-Sun), Health Assistants in Nursing AM/PM shifts (Mon-Sun) and Supernumerary Nurse in Charge.
We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health
Your new role:
- Support the ANUM and NUM to ensure high quality nursing care is provided. This includes the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for care of haematology and bone marrow transplant patients
- Develop specialist skills such as CVAD care, chemotherapy and stem cell administration
- Fast paced environment that requires good assessment skills
- Work with a very collaborative nursing, medical and allied health team
- Contribute to high quality care aimed at improving the patient experience
- Opportunities to attend education study days; Beyond the Basics (2 day Haematology course) and BMT Study day.
- Education programs including RISE (Registered Nurse Introduction to Specialty Education) and a Graduate Certificate through University of Melbourne
|Contact Person||Cameron Grant|