Registered Nurse – Cardiothoracic ward
You will be joining the nursing team on 6 South East ward, the Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit of the Royal Melbourne Hospital. This is a fully monitored 30 bedded ward which comprises of a 12 bedded High Dependency Unit and 18 stepdown beds. The primary role of the cardiothoracic unit is to provide care for post-operative patients who have had heart and lung surgery, as well as providing care for pre-operative patients transferred from other hospitals and for a small cohort of cardiology and medical patients.
The environment incorporates aspects of critical care, cardiac care and specialised surgical care. Advanced assessment, non-invasive ventilation, invasive monitoring, epicardial pacing, digital chest drain management, chest ultrasonography and post-operative education are all included as part of nurse-led care on the ward.
Your new role:
- Further develop your career in a fascinating, nurse-led area.
- Work with an inclusive and supportive team.
- Gain a range of advanced nursing skills.
- Access to educational support and opportunities.
- Motivated and passionate about working at the Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Willing to contribute to a positive ward culture
- Ready to develop professionally in the field of cardiothoracic nursing
- Willing to learn or further your development in an electronic medical record (EMR) documentation platform
|Contact Person||Adam Bonser|