Registered Nurse and Clinical Nurse
Registered Nurse and Clinical Nurse
CAHS is proud to be the leading service provider for paediatric healthcare in Western Australia, as the State’s only dedicated health service for infants, children and young people. CAHS is made up four service areas: Neonatology, Community Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), and Perth Children’s Hospital (PCH). Consisting of over 5,500 employees, our services are delivered at PCH and King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEMH), as well as across a network of more than 160 community clinics across the metropolitan area.
About the roles
This is an Open Ended Recruitment Pool for suitably qualified Registered and Clinical Nurses covering: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Fixed Term Full Time and Fixed Term Part Time appointments, with the possibility of extension(s) and/or permanency. Applications be reviewed on a regular basis. International applicants with suitable experience and qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Positions are available within the following specialisations:
- Neonatology (Neonatal Intensive Care)
- Child and Adolescent Community health (Community Health Services / Immunisation Services)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (PCH Based Services / Eating Disorders / Specialist Services / Community Services)
- PCH Medical (Medical Wards / Emergency Department / Hospital in the Home & Complex Care / Oncology &Haematology / Speciality Departments)
- PCH Surgical (Surgical wards / Theatre & PACU / Paediatric ICU & HDU / Outpatients General Medical & Surgical)
Reimbursement of relocation expenses can be negotiated during the offer of employment period.
For Further Job Related Information: We encourage you to contact Ronald Laurie, Nurse Manager Corporate, via Phone (08) 6456 5219 or Email Ronald.Laurie@health.wa.gov.au.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the recruitment pools, apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the bottom of this page. As part of the application process you must:
- Answer all the online questions;
- Identify which specialisation you are applying for;
- Attach a copy of your current CV;
- Provide evidence of your current AHPRA (if applicable)
- Provide the names and contact details of two professional referees;
- Respond to the following job related questions in no more than 500 words per question. Answers should be prepared ready to submit with your application [please note, these questions will be answered as part of the application process]. There is no need to upload an additional cover letter:
- Please provide an example demonstrating your clinical knowledge and experience in a practice or clinical setting/speciality within the past 2 years.
- Please provide an example of how you demonstrate the CAHS values of Respect and Collaboration in your current clinical role.
- [Clinical Nurse Applicants Only] Please provide an example of how you have demonstrated significant knowledge, experience, and leadership in your area of specialty
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
Commitment to Diversity
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
WA Health is also committed to creating a diverse and dynamic workplace that embraces and values the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics which is representative of the customers and community we work within. We encourage people who are representative of the diverse community of Western Australia to apply.
In addition to the great salary, our employees enjoy a range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 10% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. For further information click here.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Flexible working and leave arrangements.
- Other professional and location-based allowances.
Eligibility to Apply
Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector. Visa sponsorship may be considered.
All WA health system employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access health care facilities, pursuant to the Health Worker (Restrictions on Access) Directions (HWAD) and the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination and Vaccination Program Policy, unless the employee is exempt pursuant to the HWAD.
WA Health engages staff in positions of trust and responsibility. WA Health policies require applicants to undertake criminal records screening and integrity checking as part of the appointment process. Referees may also be asked to comment on an applicant’s integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
This position is subject to a Western Australian Working With Children (WWC) Check. For further information please refer to the WWC website at: https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments may be made when similar vacancies occur. Appointments may be made from this pool until 31/12/2023.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employee Services on 13 44 77 for immediate assistance during business hours.
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Apply For Job