We are seeking Registered Nurses who will assist in providing healthcare for elderly people residing in an aged care facilities.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- providing nursing care in safe, compassionate and person-centred approach
- undertaking resident assessments and preparation and reviews of care plans in consultation with the resident and relevant stakeholder
- admitting and assessing new residents, including the development of interim healthcare plans
- supporting residents and their family when dealing with resident clinical care needs
- ensuring any clinical care needs are managed and communicated in a professional, accountable and timely manner
- reporting of incidents that may occur at the facility which may impact resident care.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- Bachelor of Nursing degree
- minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience (new graduates will be considered for deployment with more experienced team members)
- current unrestricted AHPRA registration with no conditions, undertakings or reprimands
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks OR preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- sound understanding of infection prevention and control.
- post-graduate experience in aged care, gerontology, public health or infection control
- current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact TeRina Bycroft on 0409 574 846 or Jason Pugh on 0409 163 830.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from a diverse cultural background.