Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary Range: $71,730 – $95,818 (PN: 12303, several – 0223S)
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Under current Public Health Emergency Directions all Canberra Health Services staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In order to be eligible for employment with Canberra Health Services you will be required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 by way of a Vaccination Certificate or provision of an authorised exemption, for consideration. Please ensure you include this information with your application documentation.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: https://www.health.act.gov.au/
The Mental Health, Justice Services and Alcohol and Drug Services (MHJHADS) Division is a vibrant and diverse division within ACT Health and provides health services directly and through partnerships with community organisations. The services provided range from prevention and treatment to recovery, maintenance and harm minimisation. Consumer and carer participation is encouraged in all aspects of service planning and delivery. The Division works in partnership with consumers, carers and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients.
The Division delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, other community settings including peoples home.
These services include:
- Rehabilitation and Specialty Mental Health Services
- Adult Acute Mental Health Services
- Adult Community Mental Health Services
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Justice Health Services
- Dhulwa Mental Health Unit
The Justice Health Services, Custodial Health team provides high quality primary healthcare services to people in contact with the criminal justice system and located within the Alexander Maconochie Centre and Bimberi Youth Justice Centre. The service aims to provide collaborative, equitable and comprehensive health care to patients and other key stakeholders and services.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
Relevant be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Registered Nurse within the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) qualifications and a minimum of three years’ experience working professionally in Primary Health is preferred.
- Post graduate qualifications (or working towards) in relevant field.
- Current Driver’s licence.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Note: This is a casual position and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
How to apply: For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au (REF 0223S)
Contact Officer: Amanda Chase (02) 5124 2523 Amanda.email@example.com
Applications Close: 02 May 2022