Registered Midwife (Multiple Vacancies)
Registered Midwife (524389), Maternity Unit, Launceston General Hospital (Multiple Vacancies)
Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Do you want to live and work in the best place on earth?
Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the world’s most beautiful natural environments. It is the smallest Australian state, with all the services and facilities of a big city in a relaxed and safe community setting. Short commutes with restaurants, beaches, and iconic at-home getaways within close proximity make for the perfect work life balance. Living here you will have the best of everything – career opportunities, an active and healthy Tasmanian way of life, space and a connected community.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second largest city, renowned for its food and wine culture and heritage architecture. It is a thriving centre for excellence and the gateway to the wonderful Tamar vineyards, bushwalking tracks and nearby mountain biking mecca of the northeast. Launceston hosts the beautiful Cataract Gorge complete with walking trails, rock climbing, the famous chairlift and swimming pool. Click here to go on a tour of our beautiful city.
The Registered Midwife:
• Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate midwifery care in partnership with women, their families and other health professionals.
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Maternity Unit, Launceston General Hospital:
· The Launceston General Hospital (LGH) is the major referral hospital in Northern Tasmania.
· As a Registered Midwife you will be part of the team that delivers approximately 1,600 new born babies each year. With a 6 bed Labour Ward, 30 bed Maternity Unit and 9 bed Special Care Unit your work will be fast paced and very rewarding.
· You will have the opportunity to work in various models of midwifery care including ante-natal, birth and post-natal including community based post-natal care, Midwifery Group Practice and Team midwifery.
· Opportunities for career advancement and access to professional development.
· Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
· Relocation allowance for successful interstate applicants can be negotiated