Registered Midwife – Maternity Services
Classification: Registered Midwife Level 1
Position Number: 27874, several
Annual Salary: $67,984 – $90,814
Branch: Chief Operating Officer Clinical Services
Section: Women, Youth and Children
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full-Time (part time will be considered)
Duration: Temporary positions available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of permanency
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
• The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
• University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
• Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
• Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
• A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Maternity Department at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is a tertiary centre (Level six) for the ACT and southern New South Wales. The maternity services at CHWC provide women-centred evidence-based quality maternity care to approximately 3600 women per year.
Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is seeking suitably qualified Registered Midwives Level 1 with an interest in providing quality safe care to women and their babies in the areas of antenatal, intrapartum or postnatal care.
• Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• Applicants require a minimum two years midwifery experience.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
• Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: These are temporary positions available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of permanency. Part time will be considered, and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
• Practice in accordance with the relevant legislation.
• Practice in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights of individuals and/or groups.
• Promote midwives within the multidisciplinary team as valuable experts contributing to positive outcomes for women and their families.
• Understand and practice within own scope of clinical practice.
• Promote an environment that encourages both individual and team development.
• Maintain competence, including mandatory education and assessment; participate in the development of policy, procedures, quality activities and clinical meetings.
• Encourage an environment of active lifelong learning.
• Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of person and family centred, safe and high-quality patient care.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your curriculum vitae and experience. Your statement of claims against the Selection Criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Demonstrated competency and commitment in the provision of evidence-informed midwifery care to women throughout the childbearing process; and to actively encourage women to participate in their care.
2. Demonstrated understanding of responsibilities and commitment to working in a multidisciplinary team environment and collaborative relationships including well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary trends and issues related to midwifery practice.
4. Knowledge and understanding of Quality Improvement processes and ability to reflect on practice.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Services values of Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind.
Contact Officer: Chanel Connor (02) 51247538 email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 June 2021