Registered Midwife (Grade 2)
Broaden Your Horizons
Align your life and career with us at Barwon Health in Australia.
- Join the largest regional healthcare service in GEELONG, VICTORIA
- Enjoy job security, flexibility and work life balance in a beautiful coastal location
- Multiple positions available permanent and part time including pool.
About the Geelong Region, AUSTRALIA
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region and relocation support please visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About Maternity Services at University Hospital Geelong
Barwon Health provides pregnancy, intrapartum and postnatal care for both high and low risk pregnancies. The number of births per annum is around 2600. Antenatal care is provided in both hospital and community sites. We have a Maternity Assessment Unit adjacent to the Birth Unit. The Birth Unit has 8 birth rooms and the Maternity Ward has 24 beds, an Extended Postnatal Care service and a Lactation service. More information can be found on our website https://www.barwonhealth.org.au/careers-volunteers/careers-in-maternity-services
About the role
In this role you will plan, implement, evaluate and maintain a high standard of midwifery care to achieve desired clinical outcomes. At the same time recognising the needs and acknowledging the dignity, culture and values of all patients and their families. You will empower all people and their families within a service that embraces both continuity of philosophy and consistency of advice and information. You will provide direct patient care through a consumer centred approach and within scope of practice.
To be successful in this role you must be able to work across the scope of midwifery practice, which includes Birthing suite, antenatal/postnatal/ midwifery clinics and extended postnatal care.
We seek highly motivated Midwives with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to Woman and people Centred evidence based practice. Take this opportunity to shine and apply now to join our teams.