Personal Care Assistant
Are you a Personal Care Assistant looking for a countryside or outback adventure? Get paid to discover rural and remote Australia by joining our team of dedicated aged care locums. Our program offers the unique opportunity to explore our beautiful country and lend a helping hand to alleviate aged care workforce shortages.
- providing individualised and personalised care
- providing emotional support and companionship, and assisting with personal hygiene tasks
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- working closely with an experienced team
Required experience and qualifications:
- Certificate III (or higher) in any one of Individual Support, Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability OR studying a nursing degree and have completed an aged care placement
- previous experience working as a Personal Care Worker
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Current First Aid Certificate
As a Rural LAP locum, you’ll receive an hourly wage plus superannuation, an incentive of $150 per working day and a $100 travel allowance. We also arrange and pay for your travel and accommodation.
Join our team of personal care locums dedicated to relieving the pressure of workforce shortages across rural and remote Australia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQI+ people, veteran backgrounds, and people living with disabilities (both seen and unseen). Rural LAP upholds the rights of the children and are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our principles are underpinned by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
Register your interest