Overnight Nurse Triage Support and ACE ED Care Coordinator
Exciting opportunities are currently available for enthusiastic and experienced nurses to work either full time or part time for a fixed term of 6 months, within the Chronic & Complex Care Division at Western Health. This is a newly created role to support an overnight phone triage support service whilst also being part of a dynamic and supportive team within the Emergency Department.
The Care Coordination team provide comprehensive assessment and management of patients who present with complex issues, to facilitate safe and sustainable discharge from ED. This can include basic mobility assessment and provision of equipment as well as community referrals to support discharge.
About the Role:
- Primary role providing expert clinical phone triage for chronic and complex patients being cared for by Western Health to facilitate appropriate patient outcome.
- Secondarily providing ACE (Advice, Coordination & Expertise) as an Emergency Department Care Coordination to presents presenting to the ED.
- Utilising your sound nursing skills to assess the situation and provide recommendations based on patient needs.
- Work and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information flow.
- Utilise systems and platforms available to track and record information that contribute to patient care and service evaluation.
- This role involves shifts (Monday to Sunday, including Public Holidays 21.30-07.30 hours)
To be successful in this Role:
We are looking for nurses with the following skills and experience:
- Respond to service delivery demands in an efficient, effective, calm and professional manner.
- Highly developed telephone-based triage clinical assessment, support and advice skills
- Sound generalist nursing skills
- An interest and passion for community nursing
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Proven ability to work as a team and independently
- A commitment to the delivery of Best Care to our patients
The position will suit a person who is looking for a new challenge, enjoys working in a changing and fast paced environment and is committed to providing best patient care. If this role sounds like something that you would like to explore please call to discuss this as a future career opportunity.
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies
Closing date: Friday 18 June 2021
To apply click on below link: