Nursing Director – Adult Community Mental Health
Job no: 788311
The Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN) is currently seeking to recruit a Nursing Director to lead their Adult Community Mental Health team.
As the Nursing Director, you will use your clinical knowledge, experience and expertise to provide strategic and operational leadership, governance, and direction for nursing services in Northern Mental Health – Community Teams. The role balances and integrates strategic and operational perspectives within a specified span of appointment.
In this role you will accept accountability for the governance and practice standards of nurses, the effective implementation of corporate systems to support, evaluate and consistently improve nursing practice and healthy work environments, and for the cost effective provision of health services within their span of appointment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Professional, operational or corporate leadership of nursing activities to achieve continuity and quality of service in the division;
- Overseeing the standards of nursing clinical practice;
- Integrating and evaluating models of care;
- Building a culture which is patient/client centred and where patient/client engagement is encouraged;
- Providing professional nursing advice and leadership to RN Level 3 and/or 4s within the division;
- Providing leadership and management to ancillary and other staff located within the division;
- Providing corporate management of nursing services for a specified nursing division which may also operate within a clinical stream;
- Overseeing human resource systems implementation including processes and standards of nursing staff recruitment, performance, development and retention;
- Contributing to and implementing the corporate nursing and midwifery professional practice framework established by the DON;
- Developing and guiding the use of information systems to inform decision making, and manage practice;
- Determining milestones and priorities;
- Leading the establishment of healthy working environments, respectful relationships and learning cultures across span of appointment;
- Working collaboratively with other professionals in the leadership of a division/stream;
- Contributing and providing state-wide leadership, advice and planning nationally and state-wide on nursing and midwifery professional issues;
- Actively participating in internal and external advisory groups, expert panels, working groups and/or committees;
- Contributing to strategic leadership for innovation, change processes, and coordinated responses to emerging service and workforce needs within span of control
Closes: 1 July 2022