Nurse Unit Manager
Nurse Unit Manager
- Flexible working hours; we actively encourage work-life balance
- Salary packaging options + discounted health insurance & banking
- Full-time permanent position in the Eastern suburbs close to public transport
Coordinate and manage the ward, and ensure a strong commitment to customer service, safety and quality care as a NUM – Mental Health and AOD Inpatient Unit.
About the new integrated unit
At Eastern Health we are excited to announce that we’re rolling out a new integrated unit that will incorporate support for Alcohol and other drugs and Mental Health consumers. It is the first of its kind in Victoria!
The unit is currently an eight bed AOD inpatient unit. The unit will provide a model of care whereby AOD consumers would, after a stay on 1 East, move to Wellington House or other services for a period of ongoing support in the form of stabilisation and maintenance. The mental health beds will provide assessment and intervention on a short term basis for people experiencing severe mental illness until they are well enough for effective, community-based treatment and support.
About the role
Located at – 1 East, Mental Health, and Alcohol and Other Drug/Addiction Medicine
- As NUM, you’ll play a leading role in the implementation and delivery of the service.
- We’re looking for someone with dual diagnosis capability and who would bring ideas, enthusiasm, passion and an ethos of patient-centred care to the new team.
- As NUM, you will have sound clinical knowledge and experience in leadership and management.
- You will effectively coordinate and manage the ward, and ensure a strong commitment to customer service, safety and high quality care.
- You’ll also ensure professional standards and Eastern Health policies are upheld and great patient outcomes are achieved.
- Current registration with AHPRA (essential)
- Recent mental health and AOD nursing experience (within Australia)
- Post graduate mental health qualifications (essential) and AOD stream qualifications (highly regarded)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- An empathetic and personable demeanour
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability and experience to confidently lead a diverse team
Contact: Bec Johnson – (03) 9955 1139 or email@example.com
Closes: 22 November 2020