Mental Health RUSON (37568)
Reference Number: 37568: Mental Health RUSON
Employment Type: Fixed Term Part Time (PT)
Location: Northern Health (All Campuses)
Multiple opportunities exist for enthusiastic Registered Undergraduate Students of Nursing (RUSON) to join the Northern Health Mental Health Division in 2023.
Applicants will be required to commit to 0.2 EFT (16 hours per fortnight) on a rotating roster across 7 days a week.
To be successful in this role you will have:
Enrolled in the second or third year of a Bachelor of Nursing or a Bachelor of Nursing/ Bachelor of Midwifery or other double degrees with Bachelor of Nursing component, with student registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board Australia (NMBA) via AHPRA.
- Be able to provide a transcript of evidence of successful completion of first-year undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing qualification from a recognised University.
- Be interested in mental health nursing
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; including relationship building, team work, and conflict resolution.
- Have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with a wide range of people, including co-workers, health professionals, residents, patients and family members
- Caring, pro-active, engaging manner with a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work AM and PM shifts across 7 days rotating roster (around clinical placements)
- Current Police check, Working with Children Check and up to date vaccination status.
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the ‘Apply’ button and follow the prompts.
For further details, please contact the mental health nursing workforce team at NHMHGP@nh.org.au
Closing date: 24/05/23