Executive Director – Mental Health Services
About the role
South West Healthcare’s (SWH) Mental Health Directorate provides service provision as a public area mental health service for the community of the South West of Victoria across the lifespan. Offices are located in Warrnambool, Camperdown, Hamilton and Portland. The Mental Health Services Directorate provide high quality clinical support and management for our regions’ consumers in a best practice recovery oriented model through assessment, clinical planning and acute support. Collaboratively, the Mental Health Directorate consists of community Adult services, Aged, and Child and Adolescent services, Mental Health Inpatient Services and a community based Ngootyoong Prevention and Recovery Centre (PARC) in partnership with a leading Mental Health Community Support Service; providing specialist mental health care to the community.
The Executive Director Mental Health Service (EDMHS) is responsible for:
- Strategic leadership and advocacy for the Mental Health Directorate workforce and services, with particular reference to the planning and development of clinical services and workforce, application of the policy framework within the Directorate and a clinical and operational governance framework for information management, learning and development, research and the standards of professional practice;
- In partnership with the Clinical Director/Authorised Psychiatrist, oversight of regulatory and implementation of state and commonwealth mental health policy frameworks and systems;
- Promoting a culture of safety and quality in service delivery;
- Ultimate professional accountability and leadership of the Directorate including the Psychiatrist and mental health medical workforce in conjunction with the Clinical Director;
- Developing strong strategic relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and service partners of the Area Mental Health Service and representing SWH in relevant forums within the State.
The role is supported by a strong and experienced Mental Health Directorate leadership team and the organisation’s Executive team.
What you bring
This is a unique opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at SWH and be part of a progressive, dynamic and emerging health service that embraces core values, research, and clinical best practice, and empowers our workforce to be leaders in our community. SWH is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees and provider to our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service. The position is an opportunity to strategically communicate a vision for a modern and collaborative Mental Health Services in an award winning sub-regional health service and in the broader region.
What we offer
You will enjoy benefits such as:
- Excellent salary packaging options including meals & entertainment, novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions;
- World-class professional development opportunities;
- Leadership development programs and opportunities including coaching and mentoring;
- Excellent terms and conditions of employments and a supportive workplace and Executive team.
Who we are
SWH is the major specialist referral centre for the Barwon South West sub-region, and provides a comprehensive range of acute, sub-acute, specialist, community, mental health and aged services. In 2019 the organisation was proudly recognised by the Victoria Government and awarded the Premier’s Award for best Medium Health Service.
With a population of 34,000 and a catchment of 100,000 Warrnambool is the regional centre to Victoria’s Great South Coast. Awarded Australian’s most liveable city for 2019 by Ipsos Life, Warrnambool is an idyllic coast city with comprehensive amenities, including schools and university, Arts and cultural centres and local produce and hospitality markets and restaurants.
To learn about the vibrant town and region please visit: http://www.wonderfulwarrnambool.com.au/
How to apply
For specific enquiries regarding the role and opportunity, including obtaining a position description, please contact Leani Viljoen (Executive Director People and Culture) on (03) 5563 1606 or by email at email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record
- Working with Children’s Check
- current Immunisation status
Applications are to be submitted online via our website www.southwesthealthcare.com.au only under Careers and need to include: an application letter, full personal particulars, qualifications and experience; together with the names of two (2) referees by Sunday 23 August 2020.
Note: If you experience any difficulties with this website, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an organisation SWH prides themselves on their values; Caring, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Leadership and their overall dedication to the local community.