Enrolled Nurse/Registered Nurse – Operating Services (Pre-admission/Discharge)
- Join Barwon Health during this exciting expansion and make a difference to our community
- Enhance your career and quality of life at Geelong’s largest employer
- Make a difference every day in this dynamic and essential unit
- Multiple permanent positions available
About the facility
Building B is a newly refurbished expansion to Barwon Health’s Operating Services. It comprises of operating theatres, stage one and two recovery, preadmission and discharge facilities. Barwon Health’s Operating Services includes three points of care: Main Theatres, Gretta Volum Centre and now Building B. Between the three points of care there are in excess of 12 theatres and an endoscopy suite. We perform approximately 22,000 procedures per year from specialities such as; Cardiothoracic, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Oral Faciomaxillary, Plastics, Orthopaedic, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular and Robotic Surgery.
Our mission is to ensure the right equipment and resource is available to the right patient at the right time in the right place. We are dedicated to improving access and patient flow to provide a sustainable service that ensures high quality and safe care.
About the role
As the Registered Nurse, you are responsible for the provision of patient, client and resident focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of consumer centred care that meets best practice standards and in line with Barwon Health requirements.
- Actively participate in improving care activities and service redesign initiatives.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure patients receive quality ongoing care.
As the Endorsed Enrolled Nurse you will be responsible for the provision of patient focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.