Endorsed Enrolled Nurse – Aged Care
- Multiple Permanent opportunities for Endorsed Enrolled Nurses
- Be part of our supportive, innovative and flexible team environment
- Grow and develop your skills at the largest organisation in the Geelong region
About the facilities
Barwon Health has multiple temporary and permanent career opportunities available within the memory support unit at Blakiston Lodge and the mental health aged care unit at Blakiston Lodge. These facilities are located at the McKellar Centre, Geelong, Victoria.
Blakiston Lodge is a 90-bed, high level, residential aged care mental health facility which consists of two secure units of 45 aged mental health beds and 45 dementia specific beds. Residents are referred who cannot be looked after in the general aged care system due to their level of cognitive, emotional or behavioural disturbance. The goal is to improve the resident’s condition so that they can be transferred to a less restrictive and more appropriate accommodation.
Blakiston Lodge is dedicated to caring for people with dementia and mental illness and offers a safe and secure environment and quality nursing, medical and psychiatric support for residents.
About the role
Do you have a passion for aged care nursing and are dedicated to resident focused care? Barwon Health are seeking enrolled nurses to work in our aged care facilities, if you are a Medication Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, apply today.
As the Enrolled Nurse you will be responsible for the provision of patient, client and resident focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Delivering consumer centred care that meets best practice standards and in line with Barwon Health
- Providing quality patient care using an evidence based approach
- Demonstrating respect for individual’s values, customs and spiritual beliefs to ensure patient care is effective and culturally appropriate