Canberra Health Services
Chief Operating Officer Clinical Services
Mental Health Justice Health Alcohol and Drug Services
Adult Mental Health Services
ECT Coordinator – Adult Mental Health Services
Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary Range: $94,409 – $100,061 (PN: 45038)
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Adult Acute Mental Health Services incorporates the Adult Mental Health Unit (AMHU), the Mental Health Short Stay Unit (MHSSU) and the Consultation Liaison (CL) Team across the Emergency Department (ED) and The Canberra Hospital (TCH).
AMHU is a 40-bed inpatient Facility comprised of a 10 bed High Dependency Unit (HDU) and 30 bed Low Dependence Unit (LDU) for people experiencing moderate to severe mental illness. AMHU is a contemporary evidence-based service providing high quality mental health care, guided by the principles of recovery. The service aims to provide collaborative care involving the patient, their carers and other key services. MHSSU is a low dependency 6 bed inpatient unit in the ED for people requiring extended mental health assessment and or treatment initiation.
The Electroconvulsive Therapy Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of care provided to patients receiving Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) within CHS.
The ECT Coordinator assists the mental health treating teams in all aspects of delivering ECT, performing a coordinating role maintaining close and timely communication with other members of the ECT multidisciplinary team (MDT).
- Current un-conditional registration or eligibility for un-conditional registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Approved Tertiary/or equivalent qualifications in nursing.
- Experience in either a Mental Health Setting, Operating Theatres or directly with ECT
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: This is a part-time permanent position available at 24 hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata.
Contact Officer: Shaun Bayliss (02) 5124 5452 firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au (Ref 01ROS)
Applications Close: 01 October 2020