Clinical Nurse Consultant – Navigator (Mental Health)
Tasmanian Health Service
Mental Health Services – South
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest for a permanent Clinical Nurse Consultant – Navigator (Mental Health). The Navigator for Mental Health takes a lead role in the co-ordination of patient flow across the clinical pathway, linking directly to broader patient flow through the Royal Hobart Hospital’s Integrated Operations Centre. The primary focus of the role is ensuring our consumers receive the right care, at the right time, in the most appropriate clinical setting. The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community; we are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
As an applicant for this position; You are an expert communicator, able to build and maintain networks, and effectively liaise with other clinical service providers across multiple service settings to achieve the best outcomes for our consumers. You will enjoy a fast pace of work that requires the ability to make advanced clinical decisions while managing competing priorities. You will have significant skills and experience in providing acute clinical care and effectively managing risk, using the principles of least restrictive care.
Location: Mental Health Services South
Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania, offers a high standard of living and an exceptional quality of life where you are never more than ten minutes away from a breath-taking coastline, National Park or award-winning restaurant or bar. Whether you are a young single looking to hike some world class trails and enjoy the arts and wine scene or a family seeking a sense of community, short commutes, and fresh clean air, Hobart is for you.
Salary: $97,494 to $103,652 per annum
Period of Employment:
Permanent, full-time, day work, working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible, please note that flexible working arrangements allows for the vacancy to be filled by more than one person.
Tasmania’s mental health reform is leading to an exciting expansion and redesign of services in the Hobart region. New services include integrated care hubs provided in collaboration with our community sector partners, drawing on the Safe Haven Café and Recovery College models, a dedicated short stay unit for those presenting to the Emergency Department and new community-based beds. We are enhancing our response to suicidal distress and acute needs, rolling out the Connecting with People approach, and launching a new acute care team. The reform will provide you with unprecedented flexibility in your career as a specialist mental health clinician.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the primary health care principles, Departmental policy and direction, legal requirements, and relevant professional competencies, the Clinical Nurse Consultant – Navigator:
- Undertakes a lead role in the coordination of patient flow across all inpatient units within the Mental Health Department (MHD) and links directly to broader patient flow for the hospital through the Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) Integration Operations Centre.
- Provides expert advice and leadership within multidisciplinary teams providing pathway development, patient assessment, care coordination and implementation of planned transfers of care from the Emergency Department (ED), Mental Health Inpatient Unit, Mental Health Short Stay Unit, Mental Health Hospital in the Home, Mistral Place, and services external to RHH, that enables the right care in the right time and in the most appropriate clinical setting.
- Undertakes a broad consultative role by initiating building and maintaining networks with clinical service providers including ED, all inpatient and community based Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services, Forensic Mental Health service, Community Service Providers and private and primary care providers.
- Develops implements and evaluates evidence-based practices that promote safe efficient and effective provision of patient centred care.
For further information about this exciting opportunity please contact Angela Hay on (03) 6166 8802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au. Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Please click the blue Apply Now button to submit your application.
Applications close: 3/10/2020
Vacancy No. 525124