Caseload midwife – Maternity Group Practice
- Work within a caseload midwifery model
- Full time and part-time roles available – 7 days on, 7 days off roster available for part-time role
- Roster flexibility ideal for work-life balance
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Summary of the role: Maternity Group Practice is a unique on-call model of care offering continuity across the pregnancy specturm, including antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods. This model allows you to work in a supportive multidisciplinary team environment providing evidence-based care to women and families.
- Located at Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg
- 1.0 EFT (76) and 0.7EFT (56 hours) per fortnight
- Fixed term full time and part-time positions available, 7 days on, 7 days off rostering considered for part-time role
- Excellent opportunity to provide continuity of midwifery care across pregnancy, intrapartum and postpartum periods
- Midwife with current AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated time management, communication and organisational skills
- Level 3 RANZCOG, perineal repair (or working towards), IVC, FSE application
- Current driver’s license
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 6 Public Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women’s health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health – our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Rebecca Drysdale, Nurse and Midwife Unit Manager