Associate Nurse Unit Manager – Surgical & Critical Care
- Join Barwon Health during this exciting expansion and make a difference in our community
- Multiple permanent opportunities available
- Proven opportunities to advance your leadership skills and perioperative career
- Enjoy the flexibility and rich work life balance of working at Barwon Health
About the facility
Building B is a newly refurbished expansion to Barwon Health’s Operating Services. It comprises of operating theatres, stage one and two recovery, preadmission and discharge facilities. Barwon Health’s Operating Services includes three points of care: Main Theatres, Gretta Volum Centre and now Building B. Between the three points of care there are in excess of 12 theatres and an endoscopy suite. We perform approximately 22,000 procedures per year from specialities such as; Cardiothoracic, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Oral Faciomaxillary, Plastics, Orthopaedic, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular and Robotic Surgery.
Our mission is to ensure the right equipment and resource is available to the right patient at the right time in the right place. We are dedicated to improving access and patient flow to provide a sustainable service that ensures high quality and safe care.
About the role
Are you looking to work in a friendly, well-supported theatre team environment?
If you enjoy a challenge this role will be suited to an experienced Scrub/Scout and Anaesthetic/Recovery nurse with ambition and drive who is seeking to broaden their experience and advance in their career.
Your role will involve:
- Assisting in the leadership; planning and delivery of a high quality service within Barwon Health’s Surgical Service whilst developing a professional and collaborative partnership within the management of the designated theatre.
- Being responsible for the provision of patient focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
- Monitoring your environment for potential problems and taking action to solve them as they arise.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure patients receive quality ongoing care.