Associate Nurse Unit Manager – Surgery and Perioperative
- Centrally located at University Hospital – minutes from the vibrant waterfront
- Enhance your career with Victoria’s leading regional health care service
- Permanent Part Time – 40 hours per fortnight
About the facility
Formed in 1998, Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing care at all stages of life and circumstance. Health services available through Barwon Health cover the full spectrum from primary care, community services, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, emergency and acute care.
About the role
As the Associate Nurse Unit Manager of Surgery and Perioperative Care you will ensure the effective provision of patient care in the assistance of nursing staff in the areas of patient welfare, comfort, hygiene and transport in order to achieve and maintain quality patient outcomes.
Duties of your role include but are not limited to;
- Managing day to day operations of shift
- Ensures all work is completed accurately on time and in accordance with Barwon Health policies and procedures
- Resolution of any issues within work team
- Provides education, training and clinical support to staff about areas of interest or need.
- Assisting Nurse Unit Manager with performance appraisals to ensure they are up-to-date and managed appropriately.