Associate Nurse Unit Manager – Maternity Service 171909
To assist in the leadership; planning and delivery of a high quality service within Barwon Health’s Maternity Service whilst developing a professional and collaborative partnership in the management of either Birth Suite or the Postnatal/Antenatal Ward.
Position Dimension & Decision Making Authority:
Without referral to Manager (RESPONSIBLE)
- Managing day to day operations of shift
- Ensures all work is completed accurately on time and in accordance with Barwon Health policies and procedures
- Resolution of any issues within work team
- Provides education, training and clinical support to staff about areas of interest or need.
- Assisting Midwifery Unit Manager with performance appraisals to ensure they are up to-date and managed appropriately.
- Performs role of Midwifery Unit Manager when required.
- Facilitates the attendance of staff to agreed education & training programme/s.
- Promoting staff development and satisfaction.
- Promoting opportunities for professional development of work team/s to participate in relevant committee processes, attend relevant meetings and to prepare and submit reports as required.
After Consultation with Manager or others (CONSULTED)
- Contribute to and assist Manager in the performance of area
- Explore and apply new systems and processes to facilitate improved work practises and best practise.
- Develop, initiate, participate and monitor quality improvement activities within the department, in accordance with Barwon Health Policies.
- Participation and demonstration of working to objectives set out in performance plan.
Referred to Managers or others (CONSULTED)
- Decisions outside position delegation
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA – SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA endorsed Midwife
- Membership of an appropriate professional association
- Post Graduate Qualification in relevant specialty
EXPERIENCE and/or SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE–
- Advanced level of Midwifery skills and is easily identified as a role model of clinical competence
- Sound knowledge of team function and ability to develop a cohesive team
- Demonstrated broad range of computer skills including in Microsoft Outlook (or other e-mail system), Word, Excel and basic Internet skills to enable quality communication.
- Ability to take on new technologies (e.g. Patient Journey board)
- Proven ability to manage change
- Ability to takes a leadership role in strategic and daily issues
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to professional development
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid -19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon health immunisation policy.