Associate Nurse Unit Manager – Forensic Mental Health (Multiple Positions)
Job no: 808970
Work type: Full time
Location: Adelaide Metro Northern
Categories: Mental Health, Nursing/Midwifery
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Forensic Mental Health Service – Oakden
- Salary: $94,583 – $101,120 p.a. – RN2A – Multiple Positions – Ongoing Full-Time
The Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN) provides care to more than 400,000 people living in the northern metropolitan area of Adelaide as well as providing a number of state-wide services, and services to those in regional areas. NALHN offers a range of primary health care services across the northern metropolitan area of Adelaide, with a focus on providing preventive and health promoting programs in the community, and transition and hospital substitution and avoidance programs targeted at chronic disease and frail aged. With a workforce of almost 6,000 employees, NALHN works to ensure quality and timely delivery of health care, whilst building a highly skilled, engaged and resilient workforce based on a culture of collaboration, respect, integrity and accountability.
An exciting opportunity exists to join NALHN within their highly skilled Forensic Mental Health Service. This position will offer you professional growth opportunities within a supportive and inclusive culture. In this key position you will demonstrate your experience and previous success working within mental health nursing to ensure high quality care is delivered to our consumers.
As an Associate Nurse Unit Manager, you will provide nursing services in a variety of health service settings which have been consolidated by experience and/or further study, developing from a competent to proficient practitioner. In this role you will accept accountability for your own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff. You will provide support to the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses in the unit.
As an Associate Nurse Unit Manager you will:
- Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other ANUM and the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent;
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in the implementation of practice changes; and
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities, e.g. performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
To be eligible for this position, you will be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and hold, or be eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate. You must be enrolled in an approved Mental Health course or hold a qualification in mental health practice.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (COVID-19) (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) Directions 2022 No 7 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Closes: 11 November 2022