Associate Nurse Unit Manager (523283) – Day Procedure Unit
Location: Mersey Community Hospital, North West Tasmania
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated and experienced Registered Nurses with an interest in leadership and management to apply for the role of Associate Nurse Unit Manager to work at the Day Surgical Unit, Mersey Community Hospital (MCH). We want team members who are committed to safe, high quality patient care, willing and capable of being part of a change culture and the ability to lead clinically and provide support to the Nurse Unit Manager with business responsibilities.
This role is based in Latrobe, TAS that is part of the fast growing Latrobe/Port Sorell Municipal area. The town has an extensive hospitality/cafe scene with all the modern amenities you would expect in a regional town. Our dual carriage way, the Bass Highway connects Latrobe to the bustling cities of Devonport and Burnie (10 and or 40 minutes away) which offer extensive services not provided locally. Latrobe experiences light traffic; a 5 minute walk to free hospital parking and child-care is available locally or in Devonport . NW Tasmania boasts clean air and water and beautiful scenery and vistas with short distances from the sea to the mountains, a temperate climate with an affordable lifestyle and prime organic produce, true farmers’ markets , and a multitude of food festivals and wineries within easy commuting distances.
Details of Appointment
1 x Part Time Permanent Shift Worker working 28 hours per fortnight
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the focus of duties of this role are:
- Work in partnership with the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) and other senior staff, to ensure the efficient and effective provision of care based on best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
- Assist the NUM with the planning and management of staff and resources and provides operational leadership through the coordination of the day to day patient care activities, including patient flow.
Please note: subsequent appointments may be made from this process and notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty,
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications.
Contact: Denise Donohue, Nurse Unit Manager-DSU – (03) 6478 5383
Closes: 23 November 2020