Associate Midwifery Unit Manager – Maternity Services
Broaden Your Horizons
Line up your life and career with us at Barwon Health in Victoria, Australia.
- Join a dedicated and experienced midwifery team that pride themselves on providing high quality patient centred care
- Enjoy a role where you will show leadership and embraces change
- Have work life balance in a permanent Part Time 64 hours fortnight role
Maternity Services at University Hospital Geelong provides pregnancy, intrapartum and postnatal care for both high and low risk pregnancies. The number of births per annum is around 2700. Antenatal care is provided in both hospital and community sites. We have a Maternity Assessment Unit adjacent to the Birth Unit. The Birth Unit has 8 birth rooms. The Postnatal Area has 24 beds, an Extended Postnatal Care service and a Lactation service.
About the role
In this role you will be a valued member of the leadership team coordinating shifts in the Birthing Suite and Maternity Ward, planning, implementing, evaluating and maintaining a high standard of midwifery care to achieve desired clinical outcomes. At the same time recognising the needs and acknowledging the dignity, culture and values of all patients and their families. You will empower all women and their families within a service that embraces both continuity of philosophy and consistency of advice and information. You will provide direct patient care through a consumer centred approach and within scope of practice.
About the culture
You will work with an innovative multidisciplinary team who maintain extensive knowledge and experience. You will have support and guidance from fellow team members and management who exhibit our Barwon Health values, respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Relocation and sponsorship support options
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- More information can be found on our Nursing Careers page
- Also feel free to tell us what works for you, we are open to a range of options and will work hard to accommodate your needs. Or aims is for you have a dream job and a dream lifestyle!