Assistant Director of Nursing
|The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) vacancy.|
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) – Acute Medical provides effective leadership and management to achieve the defined objectives of Acute Medical Services. Provides the Nursing Director with high quality and authoritative advice and support.
Tasmania offers an envious lifestyle with some of the most amazing natural attractions, a wide range of opportunities, quality education systems, short commutes, exceptional local beer, wine and food.
Period of Employment:
Permanent full time day work (with on-call), working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) – Acute Medical Services provides effective leadership and management to achieve the defined objectives of the Acute Medical stream and will:
• Provide the Nursing Director – Acute Medical with high quality and authoritative advice and support.
• Provide a high level of operational leadership and direction, ensuring resources are efficiently utilised and services are effectively integrated within Acute Medical Services, ensuring the highest standards of service delivery are achieved in accordance with hospital policy, directions, service standards and financial performance targets.
• Achieve quality patient outcomes by ensuring the integration of Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) Safety and Quality, Learning and Research and service redesign priorities into the day to day operations of their area, including the development of integrated multidisciplinary models of care and patient focused pathways across sectors, agencies and divisions are integrated and will streamline patient care and optimise patient outcomes and experience.
• Function as a member of the Nursing Management and Advisory Committee (NMAC) and undertake work, as delegated, to ensure professional practice and ongoing professional development of nursing personnel.
• Actively participate in activities to promote strategic direction and the profession.
· Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
$128,093 per annum with salary packaging and access to superannuation in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
· Attractive salary including salary packaging
· A multi-disciplinary work environment
· Family friendly workplace
Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Apply online at www.jobs.tas.gov.au.
To find out more about these exciting opportunities, please contact Katrina Hodge Nursing Director – Medical Services on phone: (03) 6166 6738 or mobile 0459 071 992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy No: 518590
Applications close: Tuesday 24 November 2020 COB at 11:55PM