ANMF Federal Professional Officer, RN/Midwife or Midwife
About the business
The ANMF is Australia’s largest national union and professional nursing and midwifery organisation. In collaboration with the ANMF’s eight state and territory branches, we represent the professional, industrial and political interests of over 322,000 nurses, midwives and carers across the country.
Our members work in the public and private health, aged care and disability sectors across a wide variety of urban, rural and remote locations. We work with them to improve their ability to deliver safe and best practice care in each and every one of these settings, fulfil their professional goals and achieve a healthy work/life balance.
Our strong and growing membership and integrated role as both a trade union and professional organisation provide us with a complete understanding of all aspects of the nursing and midwifery professions and see us uniquely placed to defend and advance our professions.
Through our work with members we aim to strengthen the contribution of nursing and midwifery to improving Australia’s health and aged care systems, and the health of our national and global communities.
About the role
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is seeking a dual registered nurse/midwife or midwife for a part time Professional Officer position on a temporary basis (0.3 EFT). This role is to assist with progressing and implementing the ANMF’s professional program. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing professional nursing and midwifery research, advice and representation to support ANMF Branches and members,
- Contributing to the provision of strategic advice and direction on national professional and clinical issues for nursing and midwifery, professional legislative and regulatory matters and related professional issues,
- Preparing ANMF responses to a range of stakeholders on professional issues,
- Providing research, report writing and policy development on professional issues as required,
- Communicating and lobbying on professional and related matters on behalf of the Federation,
- Professional representation of the ANMF in a range of forums.
Applications close: Monday 5 December 2022
A position description is available at the ANMF website – https://bit.ly/3dtdErR
For further information please email Anastasia Shianis email@example.com.
Salary and Conditions
This is a 1 year part time position (0.3 EFT) for a dual registered nurse/midwife or midwife to join our federal professional team.
ANMF supports flexible work arrangements, with the opportunity to work from home. Candidates throughout Australia are encouraged to apply.
The ANMF offers generous conditions of employment, with the salary in accordance with the ANMF Appointed Staff Enterprise Agreement.
Starting salary $124,000 (FTE) plus 15.5% superannuation guarantee.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you must be a dual registered nurse/midwife or midwife and will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing and/or midwifery, with relevant postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent,
- Minimum of 5 years postgraduate nursing and/or midwifery experience,
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and midwifery practice, and relevant legislation, with experience in clinical practice, education, management or research,
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and take a collaborative approach to work,
- Excellent writing skills,
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and balancing multiple priorities,
- Health policy development and report and submission writing experience desirable,
- Commitment to the principles of trade unionism,
How to apply
Please email your application, including covering letter and CV, addressing the essential selection criteria in the PD, to Annie Butler, ANMF Federal Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday COB 5 December 2022.