ANMF Administration Officer
About the role
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is seeking an Administration Assistant to support the National Nurse and Midwife Health Services (NNMHS) project. This is initially a twelve-month role, with the possibility of extension. The Administration Assistant will co-ordinate the administrative tasks for the NNMHS project in accordance with the service’s objectives and implementation plan. This role reports directly to the Director and Deputy Director of NNMHS.
About the business
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is Australia’s largest national union and professional nursing and midwifery organisation. In collaboration with the ANMF’s eight state and territory branches, we represent the professional, Administration and political interests of more than 320,000 nurses, midwives and carers across the country.
Our members work in the public and private health, aged care and disability sectors across a wide variety of urban, rural and remote locations. We work with them to improve their ability to deliver safe and best practice care in each and every one of these settings, fulfil their professional goals and achieve a healthy work/life balance.
Our strong and growing membership and integrated role as both a trade union and professional organisation provide us with a complete understanding of all aspects of the nursing and midwifery professions and see us uniquely placed to defend and advance our professions.
Through our work with members we aim to strengthen the contribution of nursing and midwifery to improving Australia’s health and aged care systems, and the health of our national and global communities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Support the daily operations for the NNMHS implementation Team including diary management, travel and accommodation arrangements, organising correspondence and paperwork for the team and assisting with ensuring all reports and other deliverables are actioned on time;
- Preparation and coordination of meeting papers, documents and minutes for key professional committees and meetings, including, but not limited to NNMHS Advisory Group and NNMHS implementation Team, and provide other administrative support for committees and meetings as required;
- Assisting with the Client Management System (CMS), including data co-ordination collating of reporting documents;
- Keep abreast of the administrative operations of the NNMHS implementation plan to ensure effective support as required;
- Organise and maintain the SharePoint pages for the NNMHS working groups & committees, including ongoing communication;
- Keep abreast of the administrative service needs and contribute towards general project implementation needs;
- Assist with administration tasks associated with NNMHS communication and marketing needs.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience managing administrative issues in a complex environment involving multiple stakeholders;
- Experience with electronic database management systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to use initiative to provide administrative advice and support;
- Demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness to a range of demands and challenges to ensure they are dealt with effectively;
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills which ensure the establishment and maintenance of good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (Office, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Outlook)
- Commitment to the ANMF’s values and strategic priorities and the national interests of nurses, midwives and carers;
- Commitment to the trade union movement.
- Demonstrated web and document design skills and experience,
- Experience with Client Management System (CSM),
- Experience or willingness to learn administration tasks related to website content management system.
This is a twelve month temporary contract, two days per week, to join our federal team as an NNMHS Administration Assistant based in our city based Melbourne office. The ANMF is a family friendly workplace that supports flexible work arrangements, including remote or hybrid working from home arrangements.
The ANMF is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, all members of the LGBTQI community and people with a disability.
Please address applications to Heather Pickard, Director NNMHS.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 26 June 2023
A position description is available at – https://bit.ly/admin-nnmhs-pd