ANMF Administration Assistant
About the business
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is Australia’s largest national union and professional nursing and midwifery organisation. In collaboration with the ANMF’s eight state and territory branches, we represent the professional, Administration and political interests of more than 320,000 nurses, midwives and carers across the country.
Our members work in the public and private health, aged care and disability sectors across a wide variety of urban, rural and remote locations. We work with them to improve their ability to deliver safe and best practice care in each and every one of these settings, fulfil their professional goals and achieve a healthy work/life balance.
Our strong and growing membership and integrated role as both a trade union and professional organisation provide us with a complete understanding of all aspects of the nursing and midwifery professions and see us uniquely placed to defend and advance our professions.
Through our work with members we aim to strengthen the contribution of nursing and midwifery to improving Australia’s health and aged care systems, and the health of our national and global communities.
About the role
- The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is seeking an Administration Assistant to support the Strategic Operations (AA-SO) for the efficient and effective operation of the Federal Office Strategic Operations and Strategy Lead teams from an administrative perspective. The AA-SO will manage the administrative issues for the Strategic Operations team and Strategy Lead team in accordance with the ANMF’s priorities and objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing daily operations for the Federal Office (FO) Strategic Operations team and Strategy Lead team, including diary management, travel and accommodation arrangements, coordination of all correspondence and paperwork for the team and ensuring that all submissions, responses and presentations are delivered on time.
- Set up meetings, prepare, disseminate and coordinate meeting papers, documents and minutes (including recording of minutes) for committees and meetings as requested by the FO Strategy Lead team.
- Manage and maintain the SharePoint pages for the Strategy Lead Team’s working groups & committees, including ongoing communication.
- Assist with digital records management and filing for the FO Strategic Operations team, including processing the records management backlog.
- Keep abreast of the administrative operation and direction of the Federation to facilitate effective decision-making within the Federal Office Strategic Operations team and contribute to the Federal Office’s general organisational needs.
- Negotiate and resolve relevant administrative issues under the direction of the Strategic Operations Team Lead, Federal Secretary and Federal Assistant Secretary as required.
Participation as a member of the Federal Office Team
- Liaise with all Federal Office teams to facilitate a unified approach to the work of the Federation and to achieving the Federation’s strategic priorities.
- Contribute to the development of the Federation’s strategic program as required.
- Demonstrate respectful and acceptable behaviour at all times to foster team and staff unity and harmony.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience managing administrative issues in a complex environment involving multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within established team and organisational priorities, and to use initiative to provide administrative advice and support to team members and other staff;
- Demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness to a range of demands and challenges to ensure they are dealt with effectively;
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills which ensure the establishment and maintenance of good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (Office, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Outlook)
- Commitment to the ANMF’s values and strategic priorities and the national interests of nurses, midwives and carers;
- Commitment to the trade union movement.
- Experience working with records management systems, including using a business classification structure and electronic document keeping. A Certificate III or Diploma in Records and Information Management would be highly favourable.
Applications close: Monday 12 June 2023
A position description is available at: https://bit.ly/anmf-admin-assistant-pd
For further information please email Kristy Male firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Conditions
This is a twelve month full-time (negotiable) temporary contract to join our federal team as an Administration Assistant based in our Melbourne office. Flexible work arrangements, including remote or hybrid working from home is available.
The ANMF offers generous conditions of employment, with the salary to be negotiated with the successful applicant depending on qualifications and experience and in accordance with the ANMF Appointed Staff Enterprise Agreement.
The ANMF is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, all members of the LGBTQI community and people with a disability.
How to apply
Please email your application, including covering letter and CV, addressing the essential selection criteria in the PD, to Annie Butler, ANMF Federal Secretary at Please address applications to Annie Butler, ANMF Federal Secretary.
Please email applications to email@example.com by Monday COB 12 June 2023.