Acute Health RN to Mental Health Nursing Transition
The Royal Melbourne Hospital/NorthWestern Mental Health (RMH/NWMH) are recruiting experienced acute health nurses with an interest in transitioning to mental health nursing. You will be supported in your journey towards obtaining your post graduate diploma in mental health nursing.
Your New Role
- Provide high quality standards of patient care; includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for care in collaboration within multidisciplinary team
- Maintain an understanding of individual responsibility for patient safety, quality and risk.
- Participate in continuing education sessions, committees, special projects and relevant professional groups.
- Promote a friendly, respectful and supportive environment within the department and organisation.
- Engage in structured learning programs as you work towards becoming a specialist mental health nurse.
- Structured learning commences with a tailored education program facilitated by RMH /NWMH; on successful completion of this undertake post graduate diploma of mental health nursing
- Experience working as a registered nurse in an acute health setting.
- Motivated to transition to mental health nursing.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A current Victorian Driver’s License, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport.
|Contact Person||Nigel Toomey|
|Alternate Contact Person||Julianne Donati|
|Alternate Contact Number||83872763|