Acute Health Registered Nurse – Transition to Mental Health Nursing
Western Health Mental Health and Wellbeing Services are recruiting experienced acute health nurses with an interest in transitioning to mental health nursing.
- Engage in a structured learning program as you work towards becoming a specialist mental health nurse.
- Opportunities to work in a variety of mental health clinical settings including: inpatient, community, women’s, and recovery services.
- Full-time and part-time opportunities.
Our Mental Health Services at Western Health provide a comprehensive range of specialist mental health services to people who reside in the local government areas of Brimbank, Melton and parts of Hume (Sunbury/Bulla). We deliver specialist clinical programs through Adult and Older Persons Mental Health and Wellbeing Services, including; hospital bed-based services (including the Western Women’s IPU), Community Mental Health Programs, Emergency Mental Health, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, prevention and Recovery Centres (including Yana Yana Women’s PARC), St Albans Community Care unit, Adult Mental health Rehabilitation unit and Dual Diagnosis services.
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Services team are committed to supporting staff wellbeing in a dynamic, busy environment and support professional development through partnerships with external training providers. Structured learning commences with a tailored education program co-facilitated by RMH/Western Health; on successful completion of this you will be supported in your journey towards obtaining your post graduate diploma in mental health nursing.
To be Successful in this Role, you will have:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a 7 day a week rotating roster (AM, PM & Nights)
- Experience working as a registered nurse in an acute health setting.
- Motivated to transition to mental health nursing.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
|Contact Person||Kathleen Kelly|
|Contact Number||03 8345 6666|