Workshop: Abuse Prevention ‘Train the Trainer’ – Preventing abuse of older people through education
Aged Rights Advocacy Service invites you to participate in this half-day training session which is designed to give staff trainers the skills and knowledge to plan and present effective training sessions to front line staff and volunteers to enable them to recognise the signs of abuse of older people and act accordingly.
- Definition of abuse
- Prevalence rates
- Types of abuse and indicators
- Barriers to reporting abuse of older people
- Resources and services available to assist
- Legislation, Power of Attorney and other legal issues
- Organisational response, policies
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Interactive learning tools, principles of adult learning
- Case studies and showing of a video.
- A Certificate of Attendance (refer to your profession for CPD rules and requirements)
Cost: $200/person (incl. GST)