Sydney Nurse Melanoma Symposium
Join us for an engaging educational program designed for all nurses who care for melanoma patients.
Hosted by Melanoma Institute Australia, our one-day symposium for nurses will give you practical insights based on the latest research in the diagnosis and treatment of melanoma and complex skin cancers.
The 2023 Sydney Nurse Melanoma Symposium program covers the whole spectrum of the disease and features engaging presentations from multidisciplinary experts in the field.
We are pleased to be having a new hands-on workshop session this year, as well as the option to attend a surgical or medical concurrent stream during our afternoon session for a deeper dive in your area of interest.
- Melanoma overview: Where are we heading
- Awareness and prevention
- Assessment and diagnosis of melanoma, and the use of Total Body Photography
- Melanoma pathology 101: What nurses need to know
- Melanoma in uncommon places
- Medical oncology: New horizons
- Management of non-melanoma skin cancers
- Hands on workshops – Essential medical photography and Melanoma under the microscope
AFTERNOON PROGRAM – SURGICAL STREAM
- Essentials of melanoma surgery
- Practical wound care and dressing advice
- Advanced surgical techniques
AFTERNOON PROGRAM – MEDICAL STREAM
- Managing advanced melanoma
- Systemic therapy side effects: Case study series
- Clinical trials in early stage melanoma
(Please note this Program is subject to change)
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
When: Thursday 4 May 2023
Where: The Poche Centre, 40 Rocklands Rd, Wollstonecraft NSW 2065
Cost: $95 (inc GST)
CPD: A Certificate of Attendance will be given.