Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) – Melbourne University
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) is an accredited course by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. It is offered over two years part time. Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible for entry on the Australian Health Practitioner Register as an endorsed Nurse Practitioner.
As a graduate of the Master of Nurse Practitioner, the graduate will have the advanced discipline specific knowledge and skills to:
- Provide safe, effective, person-centred health care to consumers (direct and comprehensive care).
- Influence health care systems and services to achieve better outcomes for consumers, their families, health care providers, the community and the health care system (support of systems).
- Educate self and others (consumers, health care professionals etc) regarding the focus of and available options for care (education).
- Apply evidence to practice, identify the clinical evidence gaps and inform and contribute to future clinical and research inquiry to address these gaps (Research).
- Demonstrate professional and clinical leadership in clinical, organisational, political and community forums and make scholarly contribution to the discipline and/or specialty (publication and professional leadership)
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) is an Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia approved program of study leading to endorsement as a nurse practitioner. This is a coursework degree which is offered over two years.
- 2 years part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students
- Start Year Intake – February and Mid Year Intake – July